* Local chef, author and restaurateur Tom Schaudel, co-owner of A Mano in Mattituck, is the inaugural inductee into the Long Island Dining Alliance Hall of Fame. “There are few people as well qualified to be inducted,” said LIDA president Donna Trapani in a release. “With 40 years of experience, including almost three decades as an owner/chef/consultant, he is the perfect inaugural inductee.”
* Southold Allstate agents Ray Gramazio and Chris Manfredi have both received the ‘Agency Hands in the Community’ Award for their commitment to volunteering in the community, according to a press press release. Along with the awards, the agents received two $1,000 grants from the Allstate Foundation for Southold School District.
* The Riverhead Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a ‘Let’s Make a Deal’ session Monday, May 5, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Suffolk County Community College’s Culinary Arts Building in Riverhead. Attendees should bring offers and ideas to share with other East End businesses. Call 631-727-7600.
* Hudson City Bancorp, the parent company of Hudson City Savings Bank, has reported earnings of $148.9 million for the first quarter of 2010, up 16.6 percent from the first quarter last year. The board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of 15 cents per share, payable on May 28 to shareholders of record on May 5.
* Eastern Long Island Executives will hold its next networking dinner at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, at Blackwell’s in Wading River. Clovis Point Vineyards of Jamesport will provide complementary wine tastings during the networking hour. Cost is $35 for members, $40 for nonmembers. Register by noon, April 30, easternlongislandexecutives.com.
* Trent Preszler has been named chief executive officer at Bedell Cellars in Cutchogue. He joined Bedell in 2003 as national brand manager and became chief operating officer in 2005. As CEO, Mr. Preszler will “look to create efficiencies for the company’s economic and production strategies and augment Bedell’s brand positioning with data-driven marking analysis and sales strategy,” according to a press release.