* Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Greenport will host on opening reception for their exhibit, ‘Lots for Sale’ Saturday, May 22, from 6 to 9 p.m. The show, which will run through June 27, will feature the works of artists Roz Dimon, Janet Culbertson and Jackie Black, who explore consumerism and its effect on the environment.
* A ‘Downtown Dance Party’ will be held Saturday, May 22, from 8 to 11 p.m. at 121 East Main Street in downtown Riverhead. The event, sponsored by the East End Arts Council in conjunction with its Downtown Storefront Gallery Exhibit, will feature music by Center Stage. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, call 631-727-0900.
* ‘First Cut,’ an exhibit of sculpture, paintings and film will open at deCordova Studio and Gallery with a reception Saturday, May 22, from 6 to 8 p.m. and will continue through June 27. The event supports the East End Student Film Project; films created by students will be shown throughout the exhibit.
* East End Arts Council in Riverhead will offer summer day camp opportunities for children. ‘Renaissance Kid Camp’ takes place July 19 through July 30 for children ages 5 to 8, and offers a pioneer-themed exploration of Native American and wild west culture, ‘Fine Arts Camp’ will be held July 12 through 16, ‘Theatre Camp’ will take place July 19 through July 23 and ‘Jazz/Rock/Blues/Pop Camp’ will be held Aug. 2 through 14, all for ages 9 to 14. Register now at eastendarts.org or call 631-269-2171. Some scholarship opportunities are available.
* Artists Gallery in Greenport will feature ‘Old Haitian Masters’ through May 31. The exhibit features works painted 50 years ago by Andre Pierre, Diedonne Cedor and Petion Savain.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.