A Riverhead man was arrested Monday after he allegedly threatened his roommate with a machete and then beat him with chunks of a wooden fence, Riverhead Police said.
Roy Daniels, 38, of Raynor Avenue, had asked his roommate for $10 about 2:30 a.m. Monday, police said. When the roommate refused, Mr. Daniels, who was holding a machete, allegedly became irate and said, “I should cut you.” The roommate left the building but Mr. Daniels followed and eventually beat him with wooden slats from a nearby fence, authorities said. The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment for injuries to his arm. Mr. Daniels was arrested on assault and menacing charges.
* Collin Woodley, 30, of Medford was arrested on a driving-while-intoxicated charge Friday when he ran from his car after being pulled over on Delores Avenue in Riverhead, authorities said. Police said Mr. Woodley was drunk when he fled the 1991 Honda Legend about 11 p.m. and was caught a short while later.
* Katelyn Rist, 23, of Eastport was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny charges last week in connection with an incident at the Harry and David store in the Tanger Outlets, town police said. Ms. Rist was arrested at police headquarters about 6:15 p.m. last Tuesday.
* Toney Barbieri, 20, was arrested at Little Flower school in Wading River Monday and charged with second-degree harassment, town police said. The arrest occurred about 1:15 p.m. No additional information was available.
* Terry Edwards, 50, was arrested this week for allegedly stealing more than $700 from the Waldbaum’s supermarket on Route 58 in Riverhead between May 1 and June 6. The arrest occurred at town police headquarters about 10 a.m. Monday. No additional information was available.
* Arthur Clendenning, 31, of Hampton Bays was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property at town police headquarters last Thursday. The arrest occurred about 10 a.m.
* Kristine Deveglio, 40, of Shirley was arrested on disorderly conduct charges just after midnight last Thursday on Peconic Avenue in Riverhead, authorities said. Town police said Ms. Deveglio had to be taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center due to her state of intoxication.
* Someone stole $2,000 worth of silverware from Comtesse Therese Bistro on Main Road in Aquebogue Monday. The theft was reported about 7 p.m.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.