The owner of Casa Rica Restaurant and Sports Bar on Main Street was arrested last Friday and charged with two counts of employing unlicensed security guards, Riverhead Town Police said. Carlos Moreno-Bonilla, 30, of Centereach was also issued four citations for fire code violations. The two security guards — Al Kirby, 42, of Coram and Joseph Eaton, 26, of Medford — were charged with working without licenses. The arrests resulted from a New York State Liquor Authority inspection conducted by Riverhead Town Police.
* Benjamin Griffin, 54, of Mastic was arrested after he allegedly inappropriately touched a woman at the Peconic Center, an outpatient site for Pilgrim State Hospital located on East Main Street, last Thursday, town police said. He was charged with forcible touching at town police headquarters about 9 p.m., police said.
* Paul Stero, 44, of Riverhead was arrested at a relative’s Gooseneck Lane home in Riverhead Sunday after he allegedly assaulted a woman there, town police said. He was charged with third-degree assault about 7:30 a.m. No additional information was available.
* Vincent O’Dowd, 33, who is homeless, was arrested after he allegedly attacked a relative at her Roanoke Avenue home Saturday, by threatening her and pushing her in the chest, town police said. Mr. O’Dowd was charged about 7 a.m. with second-degree assault.
* A man reported to town police he had been assaulted by a security guard at P.C. Richard and Son on Route 58 in Riverhead last month. The incident was reported about 11 a.m. last Wednesday. No arrests have been made.
* A woman told police a loose pit bull had attacked her dog, with the pit bull then running off, on 15th Street in Wading River Monday morning. Another woman found a pit bull in the same area and took it to the Riverhead Animal Shelter, officials said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.