* deCordova Studio and Gallery in Greenport presents ‘Trio: Three Artists, Three Mediums’ opening with a reception Saturday, Aug. 7, from 6 to 9 p.m. and running through Aug. 29. The show features mixed media works by Creighton Berry, pastels by Sherry Schreiber and drypoint by Andrew Xenios.
* Michael Combs of Greenport is a featured artist in the show ‘Hunt and Chase’ at Salomon Contemporary in East Hampton, which runs through Aug. 15.
SBlt Kapell Gallery in Greenport will present ‘Victor Emaleh: A Large Life in Small Paintings,’ opening with a reception Saturday, Aug. 7, at 5 p.m. The exhibit runs through Sept. 6.
* East End Arts Council in Riverhead has issued a call to artists for ‘Scenes from a Book,’ a juried photography show to be held in September. According to a release, “Artists are encouraged to depict any scene from any book … as they imagine it might look in a photo. Traditional, digital or manipulated photos are welcome.” All submissions except those on CD must be dropped off at the gallery Aug. 26-28. Call 727-0900 for entry fees, size requirements and other details.
* Several classes are available at the East End Arts Council School of the Arts in Riverhead: Glass beadmaking, Aug. 8, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; felting flowers, Aug. 21, 10 a.m. to noon; and hand-building with clay – animal spirit guides, Aug. 8 and 15, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
In addition, abstract artist John Haubrich will demonstrate oil collages on Saturday, Aug. 7, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For cost and registration, call 369-2171
* The August show at Studio East Gallery in Greenport, ‘Small Works II,’ opens with a reception Saturday, Aug. 7, 6 to 9 p.m., and runs until Sept. 6. Also featured as solo artists are Anna Franklin, Don Wilson and Melissa Hin.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.