A Riverhead man was arrested Friday after smacking into another car while driving drunk, Riverhead Town Police said.
Julio Carias-Cordova, 23, of Riverhead was driving on West Main Street about 7:15 p.m. when the crash occurred. He was charged with DWI, officials said. No serious injuries were reported.
* Georgia McCoy, 57, and George Trent, 53, both of Riverhead were arrested at a Horton Avenue home about 12 p.m. Saturday, each on one count of assault. No additional information was available.
* Anthony Montenes, 23, of Ronkonkoma was arrested on grand larceny charges Monday for stealing 27 pairs of sunglasses from the Saks Off Fifth store at Tanger Outlet Center in May, authorities said. Mr. Montenes was arrested about 6:30 p.m.
* Someone stole about $10,000 worth of property, including four generators and a saw, from a West Lane home in Northville. The burglary was reported about 10 a.m. last Wednesday. No arrests have been made.
* Someone drove onto the fairway at the Baiting Hollow Club golf course on Fox Hill Drive, causing about $3,000 worth of damage. The incident was reported about 7:30 a.m. Saturday. No arrests have been made.
* Someone broke into Kent Animal Shelter on River Road in Calverton and stole three donation jars containing about $50 and a digital camera. The theft was reported about 11:15 a.m. Friday.
* Town police responded to a call of a man and woman fighting at a home on Sound Avenue in Calverton Sunday. The couple, who admitted they were drunk, told police they must speak loudly because they are old and cannot hear one another. No charges were filed.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.