A Calverton man reported to police that someone swiped his wallet from the Shell gas station market on Lake Avenue in Riverside Friday after he had accidentally left it on the counter.
Investigators are reviewing surveillance video that shows a short, white, heavyset man wearing a red sweatshirt, gold cross and chain, and blue jeans taking the wallet from the counter and putting it in his pocket. Police did not release the footage. The wallet contained about $300.
• A 22-year-old Greenport man reported that two women stole $500 from him in a room at the Budget Host Inn on Lake Avenue in Riverside Tuesday. The man said the two suspects left the area in a white pickup truck with a white cap and tinted windows. Additional information was not available. Police said the victim needed a translator.
• Giedrius Karvelis, 30, of Forge Road in Calverton reported his boat becoming disabled in the Shinnecock Canal in Hampton Bays and was towed to a boat ramp by the Coast Guard last Thursday afternoon on Dune Road in Hampton Bays, after which officers performed an immigration check and found that Mr. Karvelis had an expired visa. The Coast Guard then contacted Southampton Town Police, who held Mr. Karvelis for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
• Alper Yildiz, 33, of Priscilla Avenue in Flanders is accused of punching and slapping a woman during a heated argument, police said. Mr. Yildiz allegedly hit and kicked the victim in the face and head, then threw her to the ground and continued beating her, according to police. The victim also told investigators Mr. Yildiz grabbed her by the hair, picked up a kitchen knife and said, “somebody is going to die.”
Mr. Yildiz was arrested and charged with menacing, harassment and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.
• Paul Fishburne, 61, of Bridgehampton was charged with felony driving while intoxicated Sunday afternoon on Lake Avenue in Riverside, police said. Mr. Fishburne was stopped for a traffic violation when a records check revealed he had a prior DWI conviction — raising the charge to a felony — and that his license was suspended, which resulted in an additional charge of first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, also a felony, police said.
• Manuel Loja, 23, of Dolphin Way in Riverhead was charged with DWI about 6:30 a.m. Saturday on Flanders Road and Maple Avenue in Flanders after he was pulled over for driving erratically, according to police, who said his car was observed drifting across a yellow line in the roadway.
• A 100-gallon propane tank was reported stolen from a home on Indian Avenue in Flanders last Thursday. The tank, which was connected to the house, was disconnected and moved, police said. The tank is valued at $150.
• A car that was left on Flanders Road in Riverside in an attempt to sell it was vandalized last Wednesday morning. Someone broke the windshield and stole the battery from under the hood, police said.
• A truck cooler carrier containing fishing equipment and valued at $200 was reported stolen from a home on Oak Avenue in Flanders Oct. 22.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.