A Riverhead woman was arrested last week amid accusations that she fraudulently returned nearly $5,000 worth of merchandise to the Crocs store at Tanger Outlet Center, where she was an employee, police said.
Heather Stokes, 38, turned herself in at Riverhead Police headquarters about 3 p.m. last Wednesday, officials said. She was charged with third-degree grand larceny and was released without bail.
• A Riverhead man reported that he was beaten and robbed by four unknown men after being pulled from his car while it was parked in front of his house Friday afternoon. The man said he was thrown to the ground and punched and kicked repeatedly just outside his Old Farm Road home, according to police reports. The thieves made off with $200 in cash, an $80 check and more than $600 worth of jewelry before fleeing in a black Ford Explorer.
• Police arrested a Wading River man on drug charges after he had allegedly left the scene of a car crash near his Park Road house, authorities said.
Charles Scruggs, 32, was involved in a crash, the details of which were not immediately available, after which he was found walking near his house. Police stopped the man and found him to be carrying more than 500 milligrams of cocaine, officials said.
He was charged with fifth-degree and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
• A 32-year-old Riverhead man was arrested Saturday after police said he threw a piece of asphalt at a car parked in downtown’s Peconic River parking lot, shattering its driver’s side window.
Venable Booker Jr. was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief, officials said.
• Timothy Wooten, 42, of Riverhead was charged with third-degree criminal mischief Saturday about 10 p.m., according to police reports. No further details were available.
• Jennifer Arma, 41, of Center Moriches was arrested by state police in Riverhead Town last Tuesday and charged with five counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and five counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, authorities said. No further details were available.
• Darris Reddick, 41, of Northampton was arrested by state police in Southampton Town last Tuesday and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. No additional details were available.
• Andrew Crampe, 36, of Riverhead was arrested by state police in Southampton Town Friday and charged with driving while intoxicated. No additional details were available.
• A Wading River man reported that someone damaged the front of his car, possibly with a shotgun blast, while it was parked outside his Long View Drive home sometime last Monday or early last Tuesday. Police are investigating.
• Someone stole $10,000 worth of tools from the shed of a house on Laurin Road in Wading River sometime between April 25 and Monday. Police said the thief pried open a side door of the shed. The theft was reported about 5 p.m. Monday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.