• Animation artist Don Duga of Riverhead will show a series of paintings honoring the Beatles Saturday, May 14, at Green Earth Café in Riverhead. Mr. Duga’s 20 new, original paintings will be on view from 1 to 5 p.m., when Mr. Duga will be on hand to discuss his work.
The same afternoon, guitarist/composer Kristofer Ambrose of Middle Island will play Beatles songs; memorabilia collector Michael Maccarrone of Sayville will discuss the group’s influence on the music industry; writer Debbie Tuma of Sag Harbor will share memories of meeting John Lennon and Paul McCartney; and pianist/composer Andrew Wargo of Riverhead will perform and tell stories of his friendship with filmmaker Albert Maysles, who made the first documentary about the Beatles’ 1964 visit to New York.
• Old Town Art and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue will hold its annual open house with art exhibit and sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 14. Call 734-6382.
• A landscape exhibit featuring various artists, a show of work by artist Anna Franklin and North Shore Art Guild’s juried landscape show will open with a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at Studio East Gallery in Greenport. Charlie Tramantano and Jan Wickline will provide music.
• Call for artists: for “Folk Art,” the juried all-media show that opens June 10 at the East End Arts Council gallery Riverhead. Juror Kathy Curran, curatorial administrator for Islip Museum and Suffolk County Historical Society, will judge works of painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, video, sculpture and poetry.
Artists may enter up to three pieces not previously exhibited at EEAC; dropoff dates are June 2, 3 and 4 at the gallery. Poems must be emailed.
For full details or prospectus, call 727-0900 or visit eastendarts.org.
• Work by Mattituck High School student artists in grades 7-12 will be on display in the school’s first-floor corridor Tuesday, May 17, 3:30 to 9 p.m., through May 25. The exhibit includes work by 35 students participating in the New York State Art Teachers Association portfolio assessment.
• ‘Inspiration: Spirit Within Art,’ the East End Arts Council’s Third Thursday program for May, will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 19, at Brecknock Hall in Greenport. Artist Terrence Joyce will moderate the discussion, with Nick Cordone and Isabelle Haran-Leonardi, on the origins of a work of art.
To send arts news, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.