• A Queens man was arrested at the Coach men’s store at Tanger Outlet Center after he tried to stuff 28 wallets into a bag that insulated the security sensors, authorities said.
Rolando Carvajal, 60, of Woodside was caught by police at the nearby Giorgio Armani store after trying to hide the stolen merchandise in a suit rack, police said. He allegedly tried to flee officers but was taken down in the parking lot.
Mr. Carvajal was charged with grand larceny, criminal possession of an anti-security device and obstruction of government administration.
• A Flanders man was arrested at the Greenview Inn on West Main Street in Riverhead Saturday after punching a woman in the head, Riverhead Police said. Garland Massenburg, 47, was charged about 3 a.m. with second-degree harassment, officials said.
• Deborah Moore, 53, of Amityville was charged with trespassing about 4 p.m. last Thursday after she shopped at the Payless Shoe Source store on Route 58 in Riverhead, a place where she was legally not allowed to enter, town police said.
• Jason Gonzalez-Mugaboru, 17, was arrested at town police headquarters about 4:30 p.m. Monday and charged with third-degree assault. Police said the arrest stemmed from an April 13 incident. No additional details were available.
• An unlicensed Manorville man was charged with driving without a license about 6 p.m. Friday after he was involved in an accident with another driver and a parked car in the Michaels arts and crafts parking lot on Route 58 in Riverhead, police said. Kyle Fischback, 20, was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
• Three residents of Meadow Path in Wading River reported that someone shot a pellet gun at their homes sometime last Wednesday evening. All three incidents were reported between 6 and 7 p.m. No charges have been filed.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.