• Renowned organist Scott Montgomery will give a scholarship awards recital at 4 p.m. Sunday, June 5, at First Congregational Church in Riverhead. The program of music by Saint-Saens, Franck, Vierne, Bach, Guilmant and others is presented by the Suffolk and Sunrise chapters of the American Guild of Organists.
Mr. Montgomery is a recording artist and director of music ministries at Holy Cross Church in Champaign, Ill.
Scholarships for organ students will be presented at intermission; a reception follows. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for seniors and students. Visit SuffolkAGO.org or email [email protected]
• ‘A Celebration of Local Artists,’ an art exhibition and sale, will be hosted by Oysterponds Historical Society on Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5, at Poquatuck Hall in Orient. The event, which coincides with OHS’ architects house tour, will run from 1 to 4 p.m. each day.
Paintings, prints, photographs and sculpture by East End artists will be featured. Thirty percent of the proceeds will benefit OHS. Call 323-2480 or visit oysterpondshistoricalsociety.org.
• East End musicians Fred Raimondo (aka Fred Bredfry) and Robert Bruey will present ‘Songs for a Cure’ at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 4, at Rothman’s Gallery in Southold. The concert is part of an evening of art and original music; photographs from the New England Folk Archives are on view in the gallery.
Mr. Raimondo is a guitarist and singer; Mr. Bruey is a singer-songwriter and finger-style guitarist. Spoken-word artist G.P. Lane will give a special performance of “Beat Goes On.”
The suggested donation is $10. Proceeds will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Leukemia Cup Regatta.
• Call for artists: Studio East Gallery in Greenport seeks entries for its Small Works Show, featuring pieces no larger than 16 by 20 inches, including frame. Work in all themes will be accepted Friday, June 3, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, June 4, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
The show opens with a reception on Saturday, June 11, 6 to 9 p.m., and runs through July 2.
• Southold artist Pat Olstad will have her acrylic paintings on view at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library during June.
• Photography by Mindy Carman will be exhibited at Peconic Bay Winery in Cutchogue through June 30, with an artist’s reception planned for Sunday, June 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• “Encaustic Paintings” by Charles Robertson is the June show at Springsteel Gallery in Greenport.
• One-on-one consultations for visual artists with two New York Foundation for the Arts-trained consultants will be offered by East End Arts Council between noon and 3 p.m. Saturday, June 4, at the EEAC gallery in Riverhead.
Beth Giacummo or JoAnne Dumas will be available for 20-minute discussions on sharing a new body of work, preparing an artist statement or website, or other business issues.
The fee is $25 for EEAC members/$40 for nonmembers. Call 369-2171 to make an appointment.
• As part of EEAC’s First Fridays events, artist-in-residence Maria Macedonio-Ritter will be the special guest at an artist talk and reception at 6 p.m. June 3 in the arts council’s Carriage House. Ms. Macedonio-Ritter’s interactive painting installation, “The Humble Quilt,” can be seen on EEAC grounds through June 10.
The suggested donation is $10. Call 369-2171, email [email protected] or visit eastendarts.org.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.