• Pat Feiler of Mattituck and Bob Miller of Sacramento, Calif., are the featured artists of an exhibit on view through Nov. 2 at the Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. The show is presented in conjunction with East End Arts. An artists’ reception is set for 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28.
Ms. Feiler is an impressionist painter who works in oil, acrylic and monoprint; she is a teaching artist at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center.
Mr. Miller, a graphic designer, works in watercolor and acrylic. He first visited the North Fork in the 1990s, and the local landscape is the subject of many of his paintings.
• ‘Remembering 9/11’ is the title of a group exhibit that opens Aug. 29 at Suffolk County Community College’s Lyceum Gallery in Riverhead. Featured artists include Gina Marquand, Seymour Levy, Roz Dimon, Joan Rogers, Steve Alpert, Elizabeth Malunowicz, Janet Culbertson, Dennis Snyder, Anna Jurinich and Beth Giles. The show continues through Sept. 28.
• The Cottage Quartet will give a concert of works by J.S. Bach, Astor Piazzolla, Ludwig van Beethoven and Cole Porter at 3 p.m .Saturday, Aug. 27, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greeenport. The group includes Alena Chubet, flute; Anne-Marie Woelker Chubet, violin; Jeannie Woelker, cello; and James Chubet, piano. Admission is free.
• East End Arts’ juried ‘Red Dot’ exhibit, featuring art by living Long Island artists submitted by their collectors, will open with a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 2, at the EEA gallery in Riverhead. The winning piece, artist and collector will be announced at that time.
Artwork may be dropped off Thursday, Aug. 25, through Saturday, Aug. 27, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the EEA gallery, 133 East Main St. Guidelines are available at eastendarts.org.
The exhibit’s juror is arts journalist, author, professor and curator Dr. Charles Riley II. At 6:30, Dr. Riley will present ‘Landscape With Figures,’ an illustrated look at the art market and collectors who find work locally and internationally. The talk is part of the First Fridays Arts Talk series. Admission is free.
The ‘Red Dot’ show is the final event of East End Arts’ “Year of the Collector.”
• Studio East Gallery has announced ‘Remember, Honor & Hope,’ a show commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and has issued an open call for artists to submit work depicting “our great country,” flags, family members, survivors and responders. Work will be received at the Greenport gallery on Friday, Sept. 2, 2:30-4:30 p.m., and Saturday, Sept. 3, 12:30-4:30 p.m. and in Miller Place on Thursday, Sept. 1, 6-9 p.m. An artists’ reception is set for Saturday, Sept. 10, 6-9 p.m., in Greenport.
To send arts news, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.