Looking for something local to do this weekend? The Riverhead News-Review weekend guide has got you covered. Check out our listing of this weekend’s happenings. Or, you could visit our weekly calendar under the community tab on our homepage.
• If you’re looking to get your pet blessed, this is the weekend to do it. Three “blessing of the animals” ceremonies are planned for the North Fork this Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, a blessing and celebration of the animals will be held at Old Steeple Church at 656 Main Road, Aquebogue at 11 a.m. Optional donations will be given to a local animal shelter. A blessing will also be held Saturday at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church at 71305 Main Road in Greenport at 4 p.m. On Sunday, a blessing will be held on the front lawn of Our Lady of Good Counsel R.C. Church on Main Road in Mattituck at 1:30 p.m.
• This Sunday also marks the 13th annual Antique Automobile Show at Hallockville Museum Farm. The event, which runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., is sponsored by Peconic Bay Chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America. Show car registration is $20 day of show, spectator admission is $5 and children under 12 are free with an adult.
• Riverhead Fire Department’s annual open house will be held at the Roanoke Avenue firehouse from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Activities include live fire and rescue operations, a fire prevention trailer, and a poster contest.
• New Suffolk Waterfront Fund will hold its Artsy-Crafty, Fun-Key Festival this weekend. The event runs Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m until 4 p.m. There will be unique items created by artisans near and far. Entrance is $5 and kids under 12 free. Visit newsuffolkwaterfront.org for more information.
• A ‘creating a memory book’ workshop with book artist Mare Dianora will be held at Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead Saturday at 11 a.m. The special program is presented by the SCHS in connection with its 9/11 Memorial Exhibit. Materials are $20 and preregistration is required. Call 727-2881, ext. 100.