A local teenager was arrested after he and an accomplice allegedly broke into several parked cars on Joshua Court in Wading River Monday and stole cash and electronics, authorities said.
Joshua Odell, 18, of Jamesport was arrested later that day at police headquarters and charged with fourth- and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The thefts were reported about 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Charges against Mr. Odell’s suspected accomplice had not been filed as of Tuesday morning.
• A Riverhead man is facing harassment charges after he grabbed and threw one of his employees to the ground Friday after the worker made a derogatory comment about the boss’ mother, authorities said.
Town police said 45-year-old Melvin Henderson got into a physical altercation with an employee at a Riverhead car wash on Route 58, a 10:30 a.m. incident that left the alleged victim with bruises and scratches.
Mr. Henderson was charged with second-degree harassment.
• Corey Coach, 17, of Riverhead and an unnamed juvenile male are each facing possession of marijuana charges after an incident at the River Pointe apartment complex on East Main Street Friday, town police said. Mr. Coach was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana about 8 p.m., officials said. No further details were available.
• James Ayers, 36, of Riverhead was charged with second-degree criminal contempt Saturday for violating an order of protection, town police said.
• Peter Gevinski, 47, of Riverhead was charged with second-degree harassment last Monday, according to state police. No further details were available.
• A single-car hit and run accident in Calverton stalled traffic for several hours Wednesday morning.
The car, which police officers on the scene said slammed into a utility pole about 5:15 a.m., had been removed from the road by 9:30 a.m., though traffic was still being diverted from Sound Avenue to Route 25 via Fresh Pond Road.
Riverhead Town Police were searching for the driver of the car, who allegedly fled the scene.
• A woman reportedly tried to run down another person in the Home Goods parking lot on Route 58 in Riverhead last Tuesday, according to town police. The incident was reported about 8 a.m. No charges were filed and no further details were available.