Looking for something local to do this weekend? The Riverhead News-Review weekend guide has got you covered. Check out our listing of this weekend’s happenings. Or, you could visit our weekly calendar under the community tab on our homepage.
• One of the most famous Riverhead events (if not THE most famous) will be held downtown this weekend. The 36th annual Riverhead Country Fair takes place from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Sunday. The fair will feature live entertainment, vendors, farm animals, pony rides, agriculture, homemaking and needlecraft competitions, vegetable-decorating contest, food and local produce, carnival rides and midway, folk music and arts, garden and pedal tractor pulls, “meet the authors” — just to name a few of the attractions. Admission is free. Visit riverheadcountryfair.com for more information.
• The 4th annual Corcoran Cares for CAST 5K Run/Walk will be held in Greenport Saturday. Registration is from 8 a.m. until 9 a.m. and the race begins at 9:30 a.m. at Fifth Street beach. Fees: $20 preregistration/$25 day of race. It’s a flat and fast run through Greenport Village. Call 477-1717 for more information. Proceeds benefit Community Action Southold Town.
• Aquebogue School will hold its 20th annual Fall Craft Fair & Chinese Auction at the Main Road elementary school from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday. The event, hosted by Aquebogue PTO, will be held rain or shine. There will be handcrafted items, baked goods and food, Chinese auction, baskets galore, 50/50 raffle, Aquebogue apparel, with special performances by Riverhead PAL cheerleaders and Riverhead Polish Dancers. Call 998-3043 for more information.
• The Horse & Scarecrow Festival will be held at Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead Saturday. The riderless horse show starts at 10 a.m. with a shooting competition at 1 p.m. There will also be a scarecrow exhibit, storytelling, pony rides, food, vendors. Proceeds benefit IRIE Therapeutic Riding and East End Livestock and Horseman’s Association Rescue Fund. 298-5292, hallockville.com.
• Oysterponds Historical Society’s annual Fall Art Exhibition & Sale will be held in Swanson Gallery at Old Point Schoolhouse on Village Lane in Orient Saturday. The event runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m and features works by North Fork artists in variety of media including paintings, drawings, photographs, sculpture and more. Call 323-2480 for more information.