• A fall art show at Town & Country Real Estate in Southold will feature work by Southold artist Don Wilson. A reception will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14. Mr. Wilson, who worked as a children’s librarian, university administrator, restaurateur and caterer, said, “It has been a long road, but I am finally at a place where my interest in ‘drawing pictures’ has turned into a lifelong dream, painting pictures.”
• This month’s Greenport Gallery Walk is planned for Saturday, Oct. 15, from 6 to 9 p.m. The evening features gallery talks and refreshments in the following venues: deCordova Studio & Gallery, Gallery M, Greenport Art & Design, Greenport Harbor Brewing Company, John Jude Glass Gallery, The South Street Gallery & Framers, Springsteel Gallery, Studio East Gallery, Terrence Joyce’s Dockside Gallery and Winter Harbor Gallery.
The final walk of the year will be held Saturday, Nov. 19.
• In conjunction with the Greenport Gallery Walk, gallery owner Terrence Joyce will lead a discussion on ‘Inspiration: Spirit Within Art,’ a third-Thursday talk hosted by the East End Arts School and the Greenport galleries, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, at Brecknock Hall in Greenport. Local painter Isabelle Haran-Leonardi will be a guest speaker. Call 369-2171 or visit eeacSchool.blogspot.com.
• Paintings by Barbara Zegarek are being shown now through November at Jason’s Vineyard in Jamesport.
• Work by Riverhead photographer Sue Romano will be on view through Dec. 1 at Riverhead Town Hall in an exhibit co-sponsored by Riverhead Town and East End Arts. An artist’s reception is set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18. Ms. Romano is a self-taught photographer whose favorite subjects are “the sea, sand and surf,” according to a press release. Call 727-3200.
• Greenport sculptor Arden Scott is featured in “Dowling College: Sites for Sculpture,” a yearlong show that opened in July at the Rudolph-Oakdale campus. Other participating artists include Breon Dunigan, Dorothy Frankel, Elaine Grove, Gloria Kisch and Wendy Klemperer.
A reception will be held Saturday, Oct. 15, from 1 to 4 p.m. as part of the campus’ open house. A ceremony and artists’ presentation will begin at 2, with the sculptors discussing their work during a walking tour accompanied by the show’s curators.
• East End Arts’ Winners’ Show will open with a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14, at the Riverhead gallery. The show includes work by the best-in-show artists from the gallery’s 2010 juried exhibits: Rani Carson, Jeanette Dowdell, Bryan Gutman, Anthony Lombardo, Jax Peters Lowell and Richard Wozniak. The exhibit continues through Nov. 11.
• East End Arts board of directors has two new members: Marc Alessi and Burke Liburt. Their appointments began Sept. 1.
Mr. Alessi, an attorney and former New York State assemblyman, said he comes from a family of artists, some of whom have run a local art museum in a small town in Italy since the 16th century. “Although I did not inherit the talent, I have inherited the appreciation for artists, and I hope to help promote the artists and their work here on the East End,” he said.
Mr. Liburt, a marketing and management consultant, is the principal of Burke Enterprise Strategies. He’s had a wide-ranging and varied career in the field, after working in television and programming sales at CBS and ABC. He said he is “delighted to work with the talented and dedicated people who have done so much to enhance East End Arts … ”
To send arts news, e-mail email@example.com, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.