Someone stole $1,500 worth of copper wire from Riverhead Raceway sometime last Tuesday night, it was reported to town police. An employee, who reported the incident Thursday morning, said the thief might have entered the property through a hole in the fence.
• William Belcher, 45, of Riverhead was charged with petit larceny and second-degree harassment following an incident at the Riverhead Target store Friday evening, Riverhead police said. The arrest occurred just before 6 p.m. No further details were available.
• Eddie Lee Brown, 52, of Riverhead was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance about 10:30 p.m. Friday, town police said. He was picked up on West Main Street, police said. No further details were available.
• Adam Parker, 32, of Calverton was arrested after allegedly shoving a female acquaintance into a wall and breaking her glasses in half at a Wading River home Saturday, town police said. He was charged with second-degree harassment and criminal mischief after the 5:30 p.m. incident.
• Five teens at Little Flower Children and Family Services in Wading River were hospitalized for possible drug overdoses last Thursday, according to town police. The incident was reported to police about 12:30 p.m.
• Peter Dreydoppel, 32, of Rocky Point was charged with first-degree criminal contempt and second-degree harassment last week, town police said. Mr. Dreydoppel turned himself in at police headquarters about 12:30 p.m. last Wednesday. He was released without bail after an appearance in Riverhead Town Justice Court.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.