A Riverhead teen who was charged with dealing drugs last year and allegedly stole a vehicle and led police on a car chase across two East End towns earlier this month is now facing another charge in connection with a March larceny.
Tremel Kelly, 19, of Riverhead was charged with petit larceny after an investigation revealed he stole a 32-inch Vizio television from the Riverhead Walmart on March 18, police said. He was taken from Suffolk County jail — where he is currently being held on his previous charges — processed, arraigned and returned to jail.
• Alfredo Velasquez was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree harassment after he punched a woman in the mouth during a dispute, police said. He was processed and held for arraignment, according to a police report.
• Two birch trees and a holly bush were reported missing from a Wading River home Saturday morning. The missing plants were worth about $220, police said.
• Twenty plants were stolen from a Calverton nursery sometime Sunday night, Riverhead police said. The plants were taken from the Decorative Gardens Nursery and are worth about $600, according to a police report.
• Brandon Jordan was arrested Sunday at the Home Depot on Route 58 and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny and resisting arrest, police said. More information about the incident was unavailable.
• Sean Hardy, 30, was arrested and charged with second-degree harassment and endangering the welfare of a child after an incident in Riverhead Friday, police said. Julius Pendleton, 31, was also charged with endangering the welfare of a child in the same incident, officials said. More information about the incident was unavailable.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.