Updates on school closings, early dismissals and school event cancellations and postponements. Be sure to click the links below for any cancellations made between updates:
As of 1:00 p.m. Friday:
• Riverhead School District and Riverhead Charter School haven’t made any school closing or early dismissal decisions for Friday.
• The Shoreham-Wading River School District is dismissing high school and junior high school students early Friday at 1 p.m. Students at both Wading River Elementary School and Miller Avenue School will be dismissed on Friday at 2 p.m. Briarcliff Elementary School students will be dismissed on Friday at 2:30 p.m. All after school activities and events scheduled for Friday and Saturday have been cancelled.
• Bishop McGann-Mercy High School will dismiss students early on Friday at 1 p.m. Mercy has cancelled all Friday and Saturday after school activities. The school has also rescheduled Saturday’s registration event to Wednesday, Feb. 13, from 2 to 6:30 p.m. Officials said parents will also be able to register during the school’s open house event, which is set for March 10 from 12 to 2 p.m.
• The Riverhead School District has cancelled Friday afternoon’s pre-K classes. All after school activities and events scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday have also been cancelled.
• All school sports are cancelled Friday and Saturday. The Section XI Division I wrestling championship at Hofstra University will now be held Monday and Tuesday. Preliminaries begin at 9:30 a.m. Monday. Semifinals are 10 a.m. Tuesday and the finals are at 6 p.m. There’s a $6 admission.
Check back for more updates.