Here’s a list of closings and postponements that have been announced so far due to the impending snow storm expected to hit the area Friday. If you would like to add anything, send along information here.
* Hampton Jitney has canceled the last westbound and eastbound trips for Friday. Several early morning trips for Saturday have been canceled as well.
* The Beatles Tribute Concert scheduled for Saturday at Martha Clara Vineyards has been rescheduled for April 6. For information, call the office at 631-298-0075, ext. 101.
* Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead will close at 5 p.m. Friday until further notice.
* The Sherwood House Vineyard’s winemaker tasting event with Gilles Martin has been postponed to a future Friday night.
* The Long Island Aquarium and Exhibition Center will close at 3 p.m. Friday and reopen 10 a.m. Sunday.
* The Riverhead Recreation Department postponed the Father-Daughter Valentine dance to Feb. 16 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the senior center in Aquebogue. The Jester Jim show, also at the senior center in Aquebogue, has been rescheduled to March 16 at 11:30 a.m. The George Young Community Center will be closed as of 3:30 p.m. Friday and will remain closed until Monday. The Riverhead ice skating rink remains closed until further notice. Click here for more information from the Recreation Department.
* The North Fork Chamber of Commerce’s second annual Snowflake Gala Friday has been rescheduled. The event will now be from 6 to 11 p.m. Monday. At the event, the chamber will present The Levin Family, owners of the Soundview Restaurant & Inn in Greenport with the 2013 community service award.
* The Beat the Mid Winter blues party scheduled for Friday at the Southold American Legion Hall will now be March 1. All tickets sold will be honored for that date at the door. Those who can’t attend the rescheduled date or wish to purchase tickets should contact Jen Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Anasagasti at email@example.com. Those who can’t attend should notify by Feb. 11.
* The Suffolk County Historical Society’s event for Friday, “Rocky Point’s African American Past: A Forgotten History Remembered” is cancelled.
* The Hilton Garden Inn in Riverhead announced the first Winterfest Warm Up for Friday is canceled, but dates will be extended to March 22. There will be free live jazz Feb. 15 from 7-10 p.m. Winterfest events Saturday have been canceled except for Saturday Night Live at Hotel Indigo.
* The North Shore Horse Rescue fundraiser “For the Love of Horses” has been rescheduled for Feb. 15 from 7 to 10 p.m.
* A Night for Steve fundraiser in Cutchogue has been postponed to March 9.
* Riverhead Library’s Teen Game night scheduled for Friday night has been cancelled.
* Palmer Vineyards has canceled STUMP! Trivia for Saturday. The event has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23 from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
* Osprey’s Dominion Vineyards “Sip and Shop” has been postponed from Saturday to Feb. 16 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This list will continue to be updated.