Seven people were arrested on drunken driving and marijuana-related charges at three sobriety checkpoints set up in Riverhead Town Tuesday night into Wednesday, town police said.
The checkpoints were run between 10 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. on Peconic Avenue near West Main Street, on Sound Avenue near West Lane, and on Main Road east of Washington Avenue, police said.
Riverhead Town police were assisted by members of the district attorney’s East End DWI Task Force that included law enforcement officers from the State Police Department, Suffolk County Police Department, Suffolk County Parks Police and Southold Police Department, officials said.
The following people were arrested:
• Hesquan Black, 21, of Southold for marijuana possession
• Matthew Stoeher, 40, of Jamesport for DWI
• Michael White, 21, of Flanders for DWAI
• Anthony Mangual, 35, of Deer Park for DWI
• Alexander Scialpi, 42, of Port Jefferson for marijuana possession
• Amanda Hurrinus, 19, of Wading River for DWI
• Kathleen MacDonald, 29, of Cutchogue for DWAI
Police said they anticipated running more checkpoints in 2014.