The Riverhead school board is expected to discuss the preliminary 2014-15 budget, Common Core practices in the middle school and ongoing capital improvement projects at Tuesday night’s regular meeting, according to the agenda.
Superintendent Nancy Carney is scheduled to give a presentation about projected costs for regular school day expenses, transportation, and facilities. During the Feb. 11 board meeting, Ms. Carney discussed next year’s estimated costs for general support, benefits and debt service. She also explained how the first $2.8 million debt service payment for the 2011 voter-approved capital improvement bond is due next fiscal year.
There will also be a presentation about how new rigorous academic standards are being implemented at the middle school level. Throughout the current school year, school officials have given several presentations about Common Core practices, including:
• Principals David Enos and Thomas Payton’s presentation on kindergarten through second grade.
• Principal Phil Kent and school literacy coach Vanessa Williams’s presentation on third grade.
• Principal Debra Rodgers’ presentation on fourth grade.
• Pulaski Street School principal Dave Densieski and literacy coach Amy Brennan’s presentation on ELA for fifth and sixth graders.
• Pulaski Street assistant principal Stephen Hudson’s presentation on math for fifth and sixth graders.
The school board is also expected to vote on several change orders for construction projects at the high school and Aquebogue Elementary School.
Scroll down to view the complete agenda. Check back for an update.