A pair of East End DWI Task Force checkpoints set up in Riverhead Town led to the arrest of six drivers Saturday night and Sunday morning, town police said.
The checkpoints were set up from 8 p.m. Saturday until 4 a.m. Sunday on Sound Avenue (near West Lane) and on Route 25 (near Manor Lane in Calverton), police said.
The following six people were arrested, according to a police press release:
• David Santos, 31, of Dix Hills was charged with DWI Leandra’s Law for driving drunk with a minor in his vehicle.
• Ronal Cordova, 26, of Riverhead was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
• Robert Martin, 33, of Lindenhurst was charged with DWI.
• Nicholas Olenik, 55, of Central Islip was charged with DWI.
• Steven Crawford, 38, of Sound Beach was charged with DWI.
• Sean Raynor, 31, of Sound Beach was charged with criminal possession of marijuana.