Long Island photographers Matt Clark and Mike DiRenzo will give a gallery talk about their exhibit “Swells & Swirls” at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 13, at Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery in Cutchogue. The exhibit is on view through July 20.
• “Conversations,” Wendy Prellwitz’s paintings of the interiors of her family home in Peconic, is on view through Aug. 31 at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library. A reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1.
In a press release the artist wrote, “The house, its interior and the objects are still in place, with such a palpable presence that I often feel in a kind of conversation with them … this series of paintings is about the slanting warm October light washing over objects and situations I have always loved.”
Ms. Prellwitz’s work can also be seen this summer at The South Street Gallery in Greenport and North Fork Table in Southold.
• Photographs by Chris Paparo of Calverton can be seen this month at Shoreham-Wading River Library. An artist’s reception is set for Saturday, July 19, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
• Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue will host an art and craft show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 12. The event will offer fine art, photography, pottery, jewelry and unique crafts and gifts. Rain date is Sunday, July 13.
• Don Perley of Old Greenwich, Conn., had his piece “Juju” chosen as best in show in “The Creative Process,” East End Arts’ third annual national-gone-international juried art show. Submissions came from as far away as the United Kingdom; 43 pieces were chosen for a show that will be on view Aug. 8 to Sept. 24 at the EEA gallery in Riverhead.
Mr. Perley will receive a week’s stay in East End Arts’ artist residence, $1,000 cash and inclusion in a group show at The Peter Marcelle Project gallery in Southampton. Mr. Marcelle and gallery owner Gerald Peters were the show’s jurors.
Other awards went to Marcy Brennan of Fort Pierce, Fla., first place; Gary Beeber of Water Mill, second; and Samuray Akarvardar of Saratoga Springs, N.Y., third.
• Art and artists are the theme of the Summer Free Film Festival hosted by Floyd Memorial Library. Films will be shown at 6 p.m. Thursdays; the schedule follows:
“Renoir” (France, 2012), July 10; “Lust for Life” (U.S., 1956), July 17; “Caravaggio” (United Kingdom, 1986), July 24; “Utamaro and His Five Women” (Japan, 1946), July 31; “Picasso Summer” (U.S., 1969), Aug. 7; “Tatsumi” (Singapore, 2011), Aug. 14; “The Artist and the Model” (France/Spain, 2012), Aug. 21; “Tim’s Vermeer” (U.S., 2013), Aug. 28.
To send arts news, [email protected] , fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/ Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.