Boy airlifted after sister accidentally hits him with golf club

08/01/2014 12:08 PM |
Mattituck firefighters secure the landing zone Monday morning so the injured boy could be airlifted out. (Credit: Paul Squire)

Mattituck firefighters secure the landing zone Monday morning so the injured boy could be airlifted out. (Credit: Paul Squire)

A boy was airlifted from a North Fork golf course Friday morning after he was accidentally hit in the head with a golf club by his sister, police at the scene said. 

The child — whose identity or age was not released by police — was struck at the Laurel Links Country Club about 9:55 a.m., police said. Mattituck firefighters and EMTs were called to the scene and treated the boy.

A police source said the boy had unevenly dilated pupils, indicating the possibility of a brain injury. Mattituck Fire Chief Vincent Tirelli Jr. said the child was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center as a “precaution.”

“That’s the fastest way to get him to the hospital,” Chief Tirelli said.

psquire@timesreview.com

Comments

comments