• “Fair Winds and Tides,” paintings by East End artist Max Moran, will be presented from Aug. 16 to Sept. 14 at Jedediah Hawkins Inn’s barn gallery in Jamesport. An opening reception is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16.
This is the gallery’s sixth annual exhibit of oil paintings by Mr. Moran. This year’s show will feature new East End sea- and landscapes and paintings from his Manhattan “Rain” series; it “explores these very different places through changing weather,” according to a press release. “Seen together, they harmonize in an unexpected way and stimulate a dialogue about what it means to be at home in two very different environments.”
• Mixed media and acrylic abstracts by Deborah Belica and plein air landscapes by Susanne D’Alessio will be shown Aug. 14 to 25 at Gallery Crossing in Peconic.
A press release says, “The bold colors and distinctive textures of Deborah Belica’s [works] leave the viewer with a sense of wonder and curiosity at their mystery and delight.” Ms. D’Alessio, a member of Plein Air Peconic, “draws her inspiration from the coastal light of the natural vistas and farmlands on the eastern end of Long Island.”
• Call for artists: North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck invites submissions of two-dimensional work depicting the historic Mattituck building for a juried art show. The submission deadline is Oct. 1. Artists may enter up to three works measuring no more than 24 inches square.
Architectural renderings will also be eligible for an award and will be considered for use as a logo.
Work may be emailed in jpg form to email@example.com with an entry form, résumé and artist’s bio. Original work only.
Up to 25 pieces will be chosen to be displayed at the theater from December through April 2015.
For a prospectus, go to nfct.com.
• “No Place Like Home,” work by Bronx artist Daniel Hauben, will be on view Aug. 16 to Sept. 30 at Kapell Gallery in Greenport. An opening reception is set for 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16.
Mr. Hauben creates streetscapes of New York City and pastel landscapes.
• An artists’ reception for a show of photography by Michael McLaughlin of Riverhead and oil paintings by Peter Beston of East Quogue will be held Sunday, Aug. 17, from 3 to 5 p.m. at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. The show will run through Oct. 29.
• South Street Gallery in Greenport and Art Sites in Riverhead are offering a joint showing and silent auction of works by Riverhead artist Rani Carson. All sales benefit Ms. Carson, whose home was partially destroyed by a fire earlier this year.
Ms. Carson’s “Paintings of Victorian Dolls & Toys” can be seen at South Street Gallery through Sept. 6. Her paintings of Jamaica are on view at Art Sites through Sept. 7.
Receptions will be held at South Street Gallery from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30 (as a show of work by printmaker Dan Welden closes), and Saturday, Sept. 6 (the opening of “Four Women,” work by Nancy Ness, Joan Stevens, Helen Weinstein and Amy Worth). Bidding closes at South Street Gallery at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, and at Art Sites at 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7.
To send arts news, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.