• A blessing of the artists will be hosted by the Spiritual Renewal Center Saturday, Nov. 15. The blessing will take place at 1 p.m. in the First Parish Church sanctuary on Sound Avenue, Northville. From 2 to 4 p.m., a reception and gallery showing will be held in Grange Hall across the street.
Participating in the event are Andrea Shine, Terence Purtell, Kathleen Loomis, Georgeann Packard, Vivian Eyre, Maribeth Mundell, Sheila Anne Cunningham, Joe Giaquinto, North Fork Chocolate, Ted Strickroth, dancer Christina, Linda Berger, Lisa Barrow and Barbara Zegarek.
Contact Pastor Dianne Rodriguez at 516-673-1231 or email [email protected].
• East End Arts’ Holiday Gift Boutique opens with a reception Saturday, Nov. 15, from noon to 5 p.m. at the Riverhead gallery, 133 East Main St. The boutique, open through Tuesday, Dec. 23, will feature ornaments, jewelry and accessories and a variety of holiday crafts, all handmade by 38 local artists and East End Arts members.
The boutique’s extended hours are Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sundays, noon to 4 p.m.
• Gayle Wagner of Riverhead is Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild’s artist of the month for November. She works in photography and watercolor painting and teaches traditional crafts such as quilling, soap making, silk ribbon embroidery, pressed flower art and quilting. An artist’s reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, at the Cutchogue gallery.
• Members of the New Forms Group will hold their annual art show and sale Saturday, Nov. 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Remsenburg Academy, 130 South Country Road, Remsenburg, which will receive partial proceeds. Participating are ceramist C.C. Bookout of Riverhead, photographer JoAnne Dumas of Wading River, painter Gina Gilmour of Mattituck, fiber artist Sarah McNamara of Greenport, woodworker Will Paulson of East Quogue and jeweler Alice Van de Wetering of Calverton. For information, call 477-9723 or email [email protected].
• Call for artists: Work is sought for the eighth annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council. The show will be hosted by The South Street Gallery in Greenport, where boards of cradled birch plywood are available. Artists may submit up to three pieces in any medium. The first board is free; two additional boards may be purchased for $7 each.
The submission deadline is Nov. 30. A preview will be held Friday, Dec. 5, with the sale beginning Dec. 6. Each piece will be sold for $100, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC.
• Watercolors by Cathy Campbell are on display through December at Southold Free Library. Ms. Campbell began painting in 2008 when she attended workshops at the library, including watercolor taught by Mary Jane Stevens and multi-media art taught by Patricia McCarthy. She recently attended a workshop with renowned artist, Lian Quan Zhen, and looks forward to implementing the new techniques she’s learning.
A “Meet the Artist” reception will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.