Fire sparks in kitchen of Riverhead restaurant

02/24/2015 11:26 AM |
Firefighters put out a grease fire in Jamesport Tuesday morning. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)

Firefighters put out a grease fire in Riverhead Tuesday morning. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)

A grease fire sparked in the kitchen of Sabor Latino in Riverhead Tuesday morning and was quickly put out before the building suffered any structural damage. No injuries were reported. 

Riverhead Town Fire Marshal David Andruszkiewicz said that the fire started with grease on the griddle and was contained to the cooktop of the six-burner stove.

The Riverhead Fire Department responded to the fire.

Comments

comments