Carbon monoxide poisoning in Calverton sends man to hospital

by |
02/24/2015 9:58 PM |
Emergency volunteers and police at the scene of a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm in Calverton Tuesday night. (Credit: Jen Nuzzo)

Emergency volunteers and police at the scene of a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm in Calverton Tuesday night. (Credit: Jen Nuzzo)

A man suffered carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Calverton home Tuesday night, Riverhead fire officials said.

The victim also suffered a head injury and was found passed out when rescue workers arrived at the Baiting Hollow Lane home shortly after 9 p.m., officials said.

He was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment and no other people were injured in the incident, authorities said.

Heavy smoke was coming from the house when Riverhead and Flanders Ambulance officials arrived at the scene, which firefighters said was caused by a wood-burning stove in the home.

The Riverhead Fire Marshal is investigating the incident.

[email protected]

Comments

comments