A Flanders man was arrested Sunday on drunken-driving charges after his vehicle hit a utility pole in Riverhead, police said.
Roman Romanyuk, 54, was driving on Flanders Road around 9 p.m. when a Suffolk County park ranger observed him attempting to flee the scene of the accident, officials said.
After he was stopped on Royal Avenue, Southampton Town police responded and found Mr. Romanyuk had an odor of alcohol on his breath, bloodshot glassy eyes, slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet, officials said.
He was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and driving while intoxicated, police said
• A 51-year-old man was arrested Friday on a drunken-driving charge in Flanders, police said.
Peter Ernst of Flanders was driving on Red Creek Road around 10:20 p.m. when police stopped him for speeding and tailgating, officials said.
He was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and numerous traffic violations, officials said.
• A 31-year-old man was arrested Saturday on a drunken-driving charge in Riverhead, officials said.
Jose Martinez-Paz of Riverhead was pulled over at around 2 a.m. on Vail Avenue for driving without headlights, police said. Upon investigation, Mr. Martinez-Paz smelled of alcohol and his eyes appeared glassy and bloodshot, officials said. He was asked to perform a field sobriety test with the assistance of an interpreter and was found to be intoxicated, police said.
He was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and operating a motor vehicle without a license and having substandard lights, both violations, police said.
• A Flanders man was arrested Saturday on drunken-driving charges in Hampton Bays, police said.
Dylan Reeve, 30, was pulled over on Bess Lane at around 2 a.m. after police received a 911 call about an erratic driver, officials said. He appeared to have glassy eyes, slurred speech and his breath smelled of alcohol, police said.
Mr. Reeve was charged with ADWI, DWI and a traffic violation, police said.
• A 27-year-old man was arrested Sunday on a drunken-driving charge in Flanders, police said.
Wilber Garrido of Flanders was pulled over at around 7 p.m. on Moon Avenue and was found to be intoxicated, officials said.
He was charged with driving while ability impaired by alcohol, a misdemeanor, police said.
• A Mattituck man was arrested last Wednesday in Riverside and charged with driving with a suspended license, police said.
Samet Ilgin, 31, was stopped at around 7 p.m. on Flanders Road for having an expired inspection, officials said. Police also found his driver’s license had been suspended three times, officials said.
Mr. Ilgin was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, driving without a license, a violation, and other numerous traffic violations, officials said.
• A cellphone was stolen from North East Beverage in Riverside last Thursday after the complainant left it on a ledge in the rear of the building, according to a police report.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.