A 42-year-old woman was arrested Saturday and charged with breaking into a car in Riverside and threatening the owner with a knife, Southampton Town police said.
Shawanna James of Riverhead was caught stealing from a car at around 1 p.m., officials said, and took out a knife and started swinging it after the vehicle’s owner confronted her.
No other details about the incident were available.
She was charged with third-degree criminal possession of an assault weapon, second-degree menacing with a weapon and petit larceny, officials said.
• A Blue Point woman was arrested Saturday on drug charges during a traffic stop in Riverside, police said.
Eileen Borchart, 39, was driving on Flanders Road at around 3:20 a.m. when she was pulled over for failing to maintain her lane of travel, officials said.
During the investigation, officers found crack cocaine in the center console of the car and heroin inside her purse, police said.
She was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and numerous traffic violations, officials said.
• A 23-year-old dirt bike rider was arrested last Wednesday and charged with driving without a license, police said.
David Wilson of Flanders was observed riding a dirt bike erratically on Evergreen Road at around 2:10 p.m., officials said. Police impounded his vehicle after they found his license had been suspended three times, officials said.
Mr. Wilson was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor, failing to stop at a stop sign and a speeding violation, police said.
• A Flanders man was arrested Sunday and charged with driving without a license in Riverside, police said.
Joseph Catalfamo, 57, was pulled over after he used the center lane on Route 24 to pass slow moving traffic at around 7 p.m., officials said.
He was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, and numerous traffic violations, police said.
• A Riverhead man was arrested last Wednesday and charged with driving without a license following a motor vehicle accident in Shinnecock Hills, police said.
Arnoldo Baltazarmayen, 27, was driving on Tuckahoe Road at around 9 p.m. when the accident occurred, police said.
He was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, officials said.
• A Flanders man was arrested Thursday on petit larceny charges for an incident that took place on Old Quogue Road in Riverside, police said.
Anthony Jenkins, 50, was charged with two counts of petit larceny and fourth-degree criminal mischief, both misdemeanors, officials said.
• A Flanders resident reported the driver’s side window of his car parked in the driveway at his home on Riverside Avenue was broken into sometime between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. last Monday. A pack of cigarettes and $4 were reported missing, police said.
• A Flanders resident reported hearing a loud bang outside her home on Wood Road Trail at around 8 a.m. last Wednesday, officials said. The victim found someone had thrown a piece of blue stone at her car’s rear passenger window causing damage, police said.
• The front passenger-side window of a car parked in the driveway at a home on Flanders Road in Flanders was reported damaged last Thursday at around 7 a.m., officials said.