Featured Story

Jamesport Fire Department extinguishes chimney fire

01/14/2016 9:22 PM |

Jamesport CHimney Fire

For the second time in a little over a week, the Jamesport Fire Department extinguished a chimney fire Thursday evening, according to a department press release.

Firefighters received a call shortly after 6:30 p.m. to the home on Apollo Drive, where they extinguished the remaining fire in the wood burning stove and chimney, deployed a squad onto the roof and extinguished embers that had been blown out onto the roof, gutters and surrounding yard, according to the release.

“One of the main problems with chimney fires is that they blow fiery embers like a volcano out all over the roof and yard, putting them out quickly stops the potentially devastating spread of the fire,” Chief John Andrejack said in a statement.

The chief credited firefighters with a quick response to prevent the fire from spreading. The scene has been declared under control and the town fire marshal is investigating, according to the release.

Photo courtesy of the Jamesport Fire Department.

Comments

comments