Three local store clerks were arrested Tuesday during an underage drinker enforcement operation carries out by State Police in Riverside.
While the three stores were cited during the sting, six more were found to be in compliance with the law.
Issued appearance tickets for second-degree unlawful dealing with a child and prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage were:
• Emily Cabrera-Marroquin, 19, of Flanders, a clerk at Garden Deli on Flanders Road.
• Bharamdai Persaud-Jaigobin, 49, of Flanders, a clerk at 7-11 on Flanders Road.
• Balginder Singh, 54, of Bellerose, a clerk at Thrifty Beverage on Lake Avenue.
The following establishments were in compliance:
• Thunder Gas on Flanders Road in Riverhead.
• Hampton Deli on Flanders Road in Riverhead.
• Riverhead Stationary & Grocery on East Main Street in Riverhead.
• Gulf on East Main Street in Riverhead.
• Lucky Wine and Liquor on West Main Street in Riverhead.
• Time to Eat Café and Grill on West Main Street in Riverhead.