A Riverhead woman was arrested Saturday night after stabbing another woman in the shoulder with a kitchen knife, according to police.
Nicole Romero, 25, of Riverhead was charged with first-degree assault — a felony defined as assault with intent to cause a serious injury with a weapon — and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor.
Police said they had responded to an assault in progress when they arrived at the scene.
The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment of a small laceration to her shoulder, and two knives were recovered at the scene, police said.
• The police department in Gahanna, Ohio, notified Riverhead police on Friday night that they had located a car that had been reported stolen out of Riverhead Town. A representative from Hertz rent-a-car on West Main Street told police June 22 that someone had rented the car and not returned it, according to police.
• About 50 gallons of anti-freeze were reportedly dumped into the multiple storm drains on Peconic Avenue in Riverhead last Wednesday afternoon. The case was investigated by the state Department of Environmental Conservation, the Suffolk County Department of Public Works and the town fire marshal. Additional information was not available.
• Police are looking for two women and a man who stole $919 worth of shoes from Designer Shoe Warehouse on Route 58 Friday afternoon.
The store manager told police that the two women and man removed the shoes and fled the area in a silver SUV with South Carolina license plates, according to police.
• A $2,000 Yeti 1250 generator was reported stolen from a vehicle on East Avenue in Riverhead about 6 a.m. Friday, according to police.
• Brian Ward, 50, of Southampton was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance last Tuesday afternoon on Railroad Avenue in Riverhead.
• Elfego Morales, 36, address unavailable, was charged with driving while intoxicated and driving without a license on West Main Street Monday afternoon.