Featured Story

Firefighters douse electrical fire in Jamesport, 1 injured after fall

07/23/2016 1:47 PM |

IMG_2353

Firefighters quickly tamped down a suspected electrical fire in the garage of a Jamesport house Saturday afternoon, according to police at the scene.

One firefighter, a member of the department’s fire police, was injured after he tripped over a hose and fell near the scene. No other injuries were immediately reported, police said.

The fire started about 12:30 p.m. at a ranch home on Circle Drive. An occupant was home at the time of the fire, but was not hurt.

Jamesport firefighters arrived on scene within minutes and began tearing at the wall of the house’s garage with tools. Firefighters pulled a hose into the garage of the home, spraying water as light gray smoke leaked out of the front door, the garage and the side of the roof.

Riverhead ambulance volunteers, as well as a rapid intervention team, were called to the scene as a precaution. The road was closed as firefighters put out the blaze.

Several fire departments between Flanders and Cutchogue assisted at the scene.

Comments

comments