A man with a history of arrests was arrested again Friday, Riverhead police said.
Curtis Prussick, 31, of Ridge was charged with fifth- and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance around 10:30 p.m. on Wading River-Manor Road in Wading River, police said.
Additional information was unavailable.
Mr. Prussick was previously arrested by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s East End Drug Task Force in September 2015 on a charge of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, with officials alleging he and another person were selling heroin. Mr. Prussick was also arrested in late 2003 for second-degree robbery.
Officials from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office could not be reached for comment on the outcome of those cases. Mr. Prussick’s attorney confirmed in 2015 that his client has a previous felony conviction and seven misdemeanor convictions.
• Sharonda Clairborne, 40, of Riverhead was charged with first-degree burglary and second-degree menacing with a weapon following her arrest around 6:30 p.m. Friday on Harrison Avenue. Additional information was unavailable.
• Brian Zippel 26, of Mastic Beach was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and traffic violations following his arrest Friday night near Tanger Outlets in Riverhead, police said. Court records indicate Mr. Zippel has had a previous DWAI-drugs conviction within the past 10 years.
• Jose Ramos, 34, of Medford was picked up on an arrest warrant from Riverhead Town Justice Court last Tuesday morning, police said. Mr. Ramos faces charges of first- and second-degree criminal contempt and second-degree harassment stemming from a March 26, 2015, arrest.
• La’Asia Singletary, 48, of Bellport was picked up on an arrest warrant from Riverhead Town Court last Wednesday afternoon at police headquarters. She faces charges of false personation and speeding stemming from a July 26 arrest made by New York State Police.
• An unidentified man and woman stole about $700 in clothing from the Polo Ralph Lauren store at Tanger Outlets last Wednesday around 9 p.m., police said. .
• Employees at Designer Shoe Warehouse on Route 58 in Riverhead told police Friday that “a Middle Eastern-looking male was in the store masturbating,” according to officials, who said the man left the store when asked.
• A man told police that someone slashed all four tires on his car Sunday afternoon on Wading River-Manor Road in Wading River.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.
Photo: Curtis Prussick. (Credit: Riverhead Town Police Department / Sept. 12, 2016)