Police arrested a Riverhead man for providing a false report.
Kirk Alfaro, 49, reported a smell of gas at the old Riverhead Motors building on West Main Street Sunday around 10:40 p.m., but no source for the odor was found, officials said.
He was charged with felony second-degree false report, officials said.
• Brian Comanzo was charged with felony fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanor seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance around 10:40 p.m. on Creek Road in Wading River Monday, officials said.
• A Mineola woman was charged with drug possession in Riverhead last Wednesday.
Irene Pontier, 28, was stopped while driving on Ostrander Avenue around 8:30 a.m. when police learned she had a suspended license, officials said. Ms. Pontier was taken to headquarters, officials said, where police found Suboxone in her possession during a search of her property.
She was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, both misdemeanors.
• Deaven Russell was arrested at BJ’s on Route 58 around 2:05 p.m. Sunday for petit larceny and criminal impersonation, both misdemeanors, officials said.
• Clifton Walker was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny at Riverhead Stationery on East Main Street around 3:50 p.m. Monday, officials said.
• Police arrested Latonia Brown, 28, of Bellport for stealing from Stop & Shop in Riverhead last Tuesday.
She was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny, officials said.
• Rose Caruana was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny at Target on Route 58 around 6:10 p.m. last Wednesday, officials said.
• Eddie Perry, 28 of Riverhead was charged with misdemeanor second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle last Tuesday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.