• ‘Historical Art Collections of the North Fork,’ a show and sale of paintings by contemporary and past artists, will be on view from April 29 to May 6 at Old Town Art and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue. Terry Wallace, author of “Caroline M. Bell and the Peconic Bay Impressionists,” will hold a book-signing in conjunction with the exhibit Saturday, April 30, from noon to 2 p.m.
The exhibit features work — borrowed from private collections — by Rachel Beebe, Helen Kroeger, Otto Kurth, Gil Miner, Larry Waitz, Julia Wickham, Walter Cole Brigham, Joseph Hartranft, Annie Young, Florence Picard, George Hallock Jr., William Hagen, Isabelle Wengenroth, Paul Stoutenburgh, Theresa Shaw, Adelaide O’Connell, Edna Hart, Marjorie Tuthill, Elenor Moser, Rose Hutchinson, Kathleen McGovern, Ann Raso, Francesca LoPresti and others. Many of the pieces have never been shown before.
Visit oldtownguild.com or email email@example.com.
• Artwork by Salvatore Gentile of Northport is on view through June at Riverhead Free Library’s Elizabeth Fox Overton Gallery.
• “Dreams of Water,” paintings by Carol Gold, a part-time resident of Mattituck, is the May exhibit at Mattituck-Laurel Library. Ms. Gold, formerly an arts educator and assistant principal, is known for her vibrant oil seascapes and landscape paintings. An artist’s reception is set for Sunday, May 15, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Janet Culbertson of Shelter Island will exhibit her environmental works from April 30 to May 30 at The South Street Gallery in Greenport. “Vital Signs” will open with a reception Saturday, April 30, from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Southold Historical Society will hold its annual art auction Saturday, April 30, at Castello di Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. Works by living artists — John Crimmins, Jada Rowland, Lee Cleary and Karen Rich — and those of the past — Whitney Hubbard, Wallace Hukill, Caroline Bell and Julia Wickham — will be featured.
A preview begins at 4:30 p.m., followed by the auction at 6. Admission of $10 includes wine and hors d’oeuvres. To see images of works for sale, visit southoldhistoricalsociety.org and click on “Auction of Fine Art.” Call 765-5500.
• Paintings by Donna Gabusi of Smithtown will be featured in the Peconic Bay Winery tasting room in Cutchogue from April 28 to May 31.
• Springsteel Gallery in Greenport will feature work by photographer Pat Patterson Hauck during May. Her exhibit is titled “Enchanted Spectrum.” An artist’s reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, May 7.
• Call for artists: Studio East Gallery in Greenport seeks submissions for its annual landscape exhibit. Work may be dropped off at the gallery’s Miller Place location Thursday, May 5, 6 to 9 p.m., and at the Greenport gallery Friday, May 6, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, May 7, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
A reception will be held Saturday, May 14, from 6 to 9 p.m., with music by Charlie Tramantano and Jan Wickline.
• Recent oil paintings and humorous photography by emerging local artist Mark Ahrens are on display through this Saturday, April 30, at Martha Clara Vineyards in Riverhead. The artist will be sketching in the tasting room Saturday afternoon.
To send arts news, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.