A proposed hard cider tasting room and retail store at Grapes & Greens in Baiting Hollow, dubbed Riverhead Ciderhouse, is seeking a three-month temporary certificate of occupancy so it can open in time for Long Island Winterfest, an annual event that brings live music to local vineyard tasting rooms, theaters, breweries, hotels and other venues on the East End. READ
A 90-year-old building on Second Street, best known as the former office of Dr. Hallock Luce, has reopened as Solutions: Thinking in a New Space, a facility for psychologists, social workers, therapists and other professionals.
A majority of Riverhead Town Board members now support selling the Route 58 armory, which was once envisioned as a possible police and justice court headquarters. But first, they’ll need to persuade the state to remove a covenant restricting its use to police and courts.
Construction is underway at what will become Dunkin’ Donuts on Main Road in Jamesport.
A farm property dating back to 1840 that was added to the National Register of Historic Places two years ago is now being proposed as the site of a retail wine shop in Jamesport. READ
Riverhead Town issued an unsafe building notice last month to the owners of two dilapidated buildings on Main Road, just east of the merge with Routes 58 and 25. READ
Peconic Bay Medical Center is anticipating a spring groundbreaking on its three-story, $60 million expansion, according to PBMC president and CEO Andrew Mitchell.
The Riverhead hospital’s emergency room annex, which has been under construction farther west on Route 58 in the parking lot near Bob’s Discount Furniture, is also expected to open by spring, he said.
The owner of two properties in Jamesport that have been the subject of several controversial development proposals over the years has agreed to Suffolk County’s land perseveration offer, according to Legislator Al Krupski.