04/17/15 7:00am
04/17/2015 7:00 AM

Colleen and Jim Marron are getting ready for the competition in Albany on May 2 with the L.I. Sound Chorus, a chapter of the Sweet Adelines International. The group held a retreat in January at St. Josephat’s in Glen Cove, with lots of coaching practice, and its membership drive from January through March was very successful. (more…)

04/14/15 10:00am
04/14/2015 10:00 AM
General contractor Roy Schweers and New Beginnings founder Allyson Scerri outside the old farmhouse on Sound Avenue being renovated for Brendan House, a long-term care facility for adults with brain trauma. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch, file)

General contractor Roy Schweers and New Beginnings founder Allyson Scerri outside the old farmhouse on Sound Avenue being renovated for Brendan House, a long-term care facility for adults with brain trauma. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch, file)

It’s taken two years for Brendan House to get this far.

And New Beginnings founder Alysson Scerri says that’s pretty good.

(more…)

04/11/15 7:00am
04/11/2015 7:00 AM

Times Review Media Group, publishers of the Riverhead News-Review, came out on top in the New York Press Association’s 2014 Better Newspaper Contest. Winning 22 awards, the News-Review’s editor, Grant Parpan, is happy to see the hard work of his staff recognized. I’d like to say as one of the contributing writers that it is a pleasure working with such great people in such a fine newspaper and I am happy to be part of the effort.  (more…)

04/10/15 7:00am

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. We had a great time with the kids. They make any holiday perfect, and this one was no exception. From the basket blessing at St. Isidore to the egg hunt at the Peconic River Herb Farm and the Easter parade in Port Jeff, we were all tired and very content.  (more…)