09/02/16 1:04pm
09/02/2016 1:04 PM

Joe and I went to Ocean City, Md., with friends last week. Although it was hot and humid, it was also sunny and beautiful. We walked the boardwalk, took a dip in the ocean and toured Secrets Distilling Company. I also couldn’t resist a visit to the library on the Coastal Highway. I bought many books, some of which I read during our ride home. My friends Steve, Grant and Linda from Rehoboth Beach, Del., met us and we enjoyed dinner together at Nick’s Original Ribs. We also took a drive to visit their new home. It was great catching up with them. Grant is into making clocks, one of which is proudly displayed in our home. It was a whirlwind five days!

(more…)

08/29/16 12:00pm
08/29/2016 12:00 PM

Historic

The late 1800s featured a lot of change for the country — president James A. Garfield was assassinated, skyscrapers rose throughout cities, electric lighting became more prominent, the Great Blizzard immobilized the East Coast and Coca-Cola was created during Prohibition. READ

08/28/16 5:00am
08/28/2016 5:00 AM

Old Steeple Church in Aquebogue will host its annual Antique Show this Saturday, Aug. 27, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The event is quite unique and has a real hometown feel. It’s popular with our summer visitors and tourists, but locals love it too. Don’t miss it! Tickets are $6 each; the rain date is Sept. 3. For more information, contact Jean at 631-722-4131 or [email protected]

(more…)