Guests at Hallockville Museum Farm during the opening reception Thursday evening of ‘Outhouse 2014′ by artist Michael Combs of New York City and Greenport. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)
• Artist Michael Combs, whose roots run deep on the North Fork, has recreated a full-size outhouse that can be seen through Sept. 28 on the grounds of Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead. It’s part of the Parrish Road Show presented by Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill that features temporary installations by East End artists. (more…)
Aela works with her ballet instructor, Cheryl Kiel, at Mo Chuisle Moya Strast School of Dance in Mattituck last week. (Credit: Rachel Young)
For more than two centuries, the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow has nurtured some of the world’s most illustrious dancers.
Nine-year-old Aela Bailey of Jamesport hopes to become one of them. (more…)
“S.S. Rendezvous and Race” by Mattituck artist Pat Feiler.
• A concert titled ‘Craigslistlieder and Other Love Songs’ will be presented at 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 24, at Poquatuck Hall in Orient.
Pianist Steven Blier will be joined by soprano Chelsea Morris, mezzo soprano Lauren Eberwein, tenor William Goforth and bass Theo Hoffman. (more…)
This hydrant on E. Main Street will be painted soon. (Credit: Claire Leaden)
Fire hydrants are a prime example of functionality over aesthetics. They’ll get you water in an emergency, but no one’s ever insisted they have to look good doing it.
Still, the folks at East End Arts believe it wouldn’t hurt to try. (more…)
“ New Suffolk Moorings” 30 X 40 Oil on Canvas (Credit: Courtesy)
• “Fair Winds and Tides,” paintings by East End artist Max Moran, will be presented from Aug. 16 to Sept. 14 at Jedediah Hawkins Inn’s barn gallery in Jamesport. An opening reception is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16. (more…)
Mixed media artist Charles Manfredi of East Islip (far left) is interviewed next to his diorama of his figures “Baldies Visit Riverhead” by the Suffolk Theater Friday evening. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)
It was a picture perfect summer evening Friday as several hundred people filled downtown Riverhead to see JumpstART artists unveil their work on the grounds of the East End Arts complex and various venues along East Main Street and Grangebel Park. (more…)
Douglas Moore (left) and Howard Hovey in July 1964. (Credit: courtesy photo)
• A tribute to the late Howard Hovey will be part of the 35th annual Douglas Moore Music Festival, which will be held Saturday, Aug. 9, on the Cutchogue Village Green. The Atlantic Wind Symphony will perform. (more…)
“Fairly Squarely,” an image on display by Dan Welden in Greenport.
• “Chariots & Stone,” a photography exhibit by John Berhalter, opens with a reception at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead. (more…)