• East End Arts has been named a finalist in the third annual Long Island Imagine Awards in the Innovation Award category.
The Riverhead group’s nomination came as a result of its role in founding and managing the music festival Winterfest Live on the Vine at local wineries and other venues. (more…)
• The Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue will present the exhibit and sale ‘Historical Art Collection of the North Fork’ from April 18 to 26. The artists whose work is featured are Angela Raso, Joseph Beckwith Hartranft, Larry Waitz, Helen Kroeger, Dorothy Whitehead, Jay Throne, Gertrude Ali, Laura McBride, Stow Wengenroth and Whitney Hubbard.
The show will be open Saturdays, April 18 and 25, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sundays, April 19 and 26, noon to 5 p.m. (more…)
Riverhead Faculty and Community Theatre will hold an open cast call for “Hooray for Hollywood: 80 Years of Oscar Winners,” a musical revue, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, at the Pulaski Street School auditorium in Riverhead. (more…)
Last year’s grand prize winning entry by Audrey Zhang.
• Call for young artists: Entries are sought for the Arts Alive LI 2015 Poster Contest, whose theme is “I Love Long Island.” Open to students in pre-K through grade 12, the contest is sponsored by Arts Alive LI, a program of the Long Island Arts Alliance. (more…)
• An exhibit of work by animator Don Duga and fine artist/independent filmmaker Irra Verbitsky will be on view April 8 to May 28 at Riverhead Free Library’s Elizabeth Fox Overton Gallery. Both artists are longtime Riverhead residents.
The two artists will be on hand for a talk and reception from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 25. (more…)
• ‘Mood Indigo: A Salute to the Blues in Song and Poem’ will be presented at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport.
The “musical journey” will be performed by Jere Jacob, Dee Labeglia, Mel Mendelssohn and Rebekah White. The program will feature the music of W.C. Handy, Louis Armstrong, “Fats” Waller, Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Ethel Waters, Billie Holiday, Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn, along with the poetry of Langston Hughes and Maya Angelou. (more…)
Bill Kitzerow (left), Susan Wojcik and Manning Dandridge star in ‘Over the River and Through the Woods.’ (Credit: Katharine Schroeder)
Long Island has one of the largest Italian-American populations in the country and, while North Fork Community Theatre’s current production of “Over the River and Through the Woods” speaks right to Italian-Americans, the subject matter is relatable to just about anyone. (more…)
John Dillon (center) as Jesus and the Roman guards Mario Sequen (left) and Roger Roldan. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)
The Living Water Full Gospel Church will present its annual Easter production “Behold the Lamb,” a story of the life of Jesus Christ beginning Friday. (more…)