“S.S. Rendezvous and Race” by Mattituck artist Pat Feiler.
• A concert titled ‘Craigslistlieder and Other Love Songs’ will be presented at 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 24, at Poquatuck Hall in Orient.
Pianist Steven Blier will be joined by soprano Chelsea Morris, mezzo soprano Lauren Eberwein, tenor William Goforth and bass Theo Hoffman. (more…)
“ New Suffolk Moorings” 30 X 40 Oil on Canvas (Credit: Courtesy)
• “Fair Winds and Tides,” paintings by East End artist Max Moran, will be presented from Aug. 16 to Sept. 14 at Jedediah Hawkins Inn’s barn gallery in Jamesport. An opening reception is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16. (more…)
Douglas Moore (left) and Howard Hovey in July 1964. (Credit: courtesy photo)
• A tribute to the late Howard Hovey will be part of the 35th annual Douglas Moore Music Festival, which will be held Saturday, Aug. 9, on the Cutchogue Village Green. The Atlantic Wind Symphony will perform. (more…)
“Fairly Squarely,” an image on display by Dan Welden in Greenport.
• “Chariots & Stone,” a photography exhibit by John Berhalter, opens with a reception at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead. (more…)
Photographs by Victor Friedman will be discussed Sunday in Greenport.
• Shelter Island photographer Victor Friedman will discuss his work as part of the ‘Judaism and Art’ series presented by Congregation Tifereth Israel in Greenport at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 27.
According to a press release, Mr. Friedman’s images “have been called timely and timeless. From his New York City street scenes to his lyrical cubistic compositions, he captures the emotions and heart of the era in which he has worked for more than 50 years.” (more…)
Long Island photographer Matt Clark will have his work displayed at ‘Swells and Swirls’ at the Alex Ferrone Gallery in Cutchogue.
Long Island photographers Matt Clark and Mike DiRenzo will give a gallery talk about their exhibit “Swells & Swirls” at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 13, at Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery in Cutchogue. The exhibit is on view through July 20. (more…)
Cascade by Matt Clark. (Credit: Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery & Studio courtesy)
• “Swells & Swirls,” works by Long Island-based photographers Matt Clark and Mike DiRenzo, will open with a reception Saturday, June 14, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery in Cutchogue. (more…)
The art work of Mac Titmus will be on display at the Southold Historical Society.
“A Passion for Colour,” an exhibit of original art by Mac Titmus and Christopher Alexander, will be on display June 3 to 14 at Southold Historical Society’s Cosden-Price Gallery in the Reichert Family Center on Main Road. A reception will be held Friday, June 6, from 5 to 7 p.m. (more…)