• The sixth Down Right Art exhibition, featuring work by artists with Down Syndrome, will be on view March 21 to April 12 at Castello di Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. An opening reception will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. March 21 in the Terra Cotta Art Gallery. (more…)
• A series of still life paintings by Center Moriches artist Cynthia Parry titled “Cookin’ ” will be shown March 6 through May 29 at the Riverhead Town Hall gallery. The exhibit is presented by East End Arts.
After a career as a full-time teacher, Ms. Parry began a second career as a visual artist. She has studied abroad, with the Art Students League and at Sam Adoquei’s atelier on Union Square. She was twice an artist in residence at the Vermont Studio Center. Her work has been shown at various galleries and venues on Long Island. (more…)
‘A Thing of Beauty,’ beaded bra by Cheryl Daters of Riverhead. (Credit: Jim Lennon)
• A piece by Cheryl Daters of Riverhead will be part of a March 19 auction to benefit the Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Program. (more…)
• A juried photography exhibit is on view through Feb. 28 at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library. Former Time Life photographer Hugh Patrick served as juror, selecting the 30 pieces on display. (more…)
“A Port of Views,’ an exhibition by Andrea Cote of Flanders, will open with a reception at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 28, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. (more…)
• Southold native Allison Mann has released a new CD, “For My Mother and Father: The Best Songs of Their Times, Vol. 1,” in honor of her parents, Joan and Russell Mann of Southold. (more…)
• Paintings by local artist Pat Olstad are on view this month at The Lenz Winery in Peconic. Meet the artist at a reception set for 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 13. (more…)
• The eighth annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council opened Friday, Dec. 5, with a preview at The South Street Gallery in Greenport. The show features works on 10-inch-square boards that are sold for $100 each, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC.
The sale will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6. Each customer will be given a number upon arrival and sales will take place in numerical order. (more…)