• ‘Mood Indigo: A Salute to the Blues in Song and Poem’ will be presented at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport.
The “musical journey” will be performed by Jere Jacob, Dee Labeglia, Mel Mendelssohn and Rebekah White. The program will feature the music of W.C. Handy, Louis Armstrong, “Fats” Waller, Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Ethel Waters, Billie Holiday, Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn, along with the poetry of Langston Hughes and Maya Angelou. (more…)
Third graders from teacher Beth Menis’ class help paint the mural in the Riley Avenue cafeteria. (Credit: Riverhead School District)
Update: The unveiling of the anti-bullying mural has been postponed, according to the district. The event will be rescheduled at a future date.
Original story: Riley Avenue Elementary School students are getting set to unveil an anti-bullying mural that will stretch across a wall in the school’s new cafeteria.
There will be a ceremony at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Calverton school. (more…)
• The sixth Down Right Art exhibition, featuring work by artists with Down Syndrome, will be on view March 21 to April 12 at Castello di Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. An opening reception will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. March 21 in the Terra Cotta Art Gallery. (more…)
• A series of still life paintings by Center Moriches artist Cynthia Parry titled “Cookin’ ” will be shown March 6 through May 29 at the Riverhead Town Hall gallery. The exhibit is presented by East End Arts.
After a career as a full-time teacher, Ms. Parry began a second career as a visual artist. She has studied abroad, with the Art Students League and at Sam Adoquei’s atelier on Union Square. She was twice an artist in residence at the Vermont Studio Center. Her work has been shown at various galleries and venues on Long Island. (more…)
“A Port of Views,’ an exhibition by Andrea Cote of Flanders, will open with a reception at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 28, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. (more…)
• Southold native Allison Mann has released a new CD, “For My Mother and Father: The Best Songs of Their Times, Vol. 1,” in honor of her parents, Joan and Russell Mann of Southold. (more…)
• Paintings by local artist Pat Olstad are on view this month at The Lenz Winery in Peconic. Meet the artist at a reception set for 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 13. (more…)
• The eighth annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council opened Friday, Dec. 5, with a preview at The South Street Gallery in Greenport. The show features works on 10-inch-square boards that are sold for $100 each, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC.
The sale will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6. Each customer will be given a number upon arrival and sales will take place in numerical order. (more…)