An East Hampton man reported being jumped by two men while walking on Nugent Drive just south of the Peconic River last Wednesday night, according to police.
The suspect told police he was wearing earphones when he got jumped so he didn’t hear the suspects coming. They grabbed him from behind, knocked him to the ground and then punched and kicked him while reaching into his pockets.
The victim was able to get up and run away, and the two suspects left on bicycles, police said.
One of the suspects was described as a black male wearing a black hood and light blue denim jeans with a hole in one knee. The other was described as a Hispanic male with light-colored eyes and long hair, wearing a light red cap.
• A Flanders woman stopped for speeding was found to be driving drunk and in possession of drugs, police said.
Jennifer Gaffney, 37, of Flanders Road was charged about 3:15 a.m. last Wednesday with driving while intoxicated after initially being pulled over for speeding on Flanders Road and Flanders Boulevard in Flanders.
Police said Ms. Gaffney was found to have an odor of alcohol on her breath, and said she had taken three Tylenol PM pills about an hour before being stopped.
She also was found in possession of a bag of marijuana and a crack pipe with crack cocaine residue in it, police said.
Ms. Gaffney was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana, speeding and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.
• Two people were arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop in Flanders last week, police said.
Charles Roach, 47, of Cypress Avenue in Flanders and Deena Colgan, 40, of West Prospect Street in Southampton were both arrested about 3 a.m. Friday on Cypress Avenue and Flanders Road, police said. A car driven by Ms. Colgan, with Mr. Roach in the passenger seat, was stopped by police for failing to maintain a lane and the officer found crack cocaine in the car, police said. The officer also found Mr. Roach in possession of an open container of Four Loko, an alcoholic energy beverage, police said.
In addition to the drug charge, Mr. Roach was charged with consuming an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle and Ms. Colgan with moving from a lane unsafely, officials said.
• An East Hampton man was arrested for marijuana possession following a traffic stop on Flanders Road and Longneck Boulevard in Flanders April 22, police said.
David Merrill-Hughes, 22, of Maidstone Park Road was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana after the 12:30 a.m. stop, police said.
Mr. Merrill-Hughes was pulled over for moving from a lane unsafely when an officer noticed the smell of burnt marijuana, according to police.
Mr. Merrill-Hughes gave the officer consent to search the car and a small quantity of marijuana was found in the center console, officials said.
• A Manorville man was stopped by police for talking on a cellphone while driving when he was found to be in possession of marijuana, according to police.
Timothy McCloskey, 22, of Green Court was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana following the 8 a.m. traffic stop on Flanders Road and Old Riverhead Road West in Hampton Bays April 20, police said.
• Virginia Pritchard, 53, of Flanders Road in Flanders was charged with second-degree menacing last Wednesday morning on Flanders Road, where she was allegedly involved in a domestic dispute with a relative and threatened him with a knife, police said. No other details were available.
• Simone Scott, 20, of Valley Forge Court in Ridge was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage Friday night on Oak Avenue in Flanders. Ms. Scott was involved in an accident on Oak Avenue in which she hit a parked car and then left the scene, according to police.
She was found the next day on Brookhaven Avenue in Flanders and admitted to hitting the parked car, police said, adding that she had a suspended license.
Ms. Scott was additionally charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, police said.
• Robert Chavez, 36, of Longview Drive in Southampton was arrested by state police and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated last Tuesday after he was found sleeping in a vehicle at the USA gas station on Flanders Road in Flanders.
• A Flanders man reported last Monday that someone had illegally charged two purchases made in Georgia to his account at the Suffolk County Federal Credit Union in Riverside.
Purchases of $1,258 and $293 had been made at what appeared to be a furniture store and a gas station in Georgia.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.