• The Long Island Farm Bureau is hosting Sen. Patty Ritchie (R-Oswegatchie), chairwoman of the New York State Senate agriculture committee, at an Ag Forum at Riverhead Town Hall Thursday, Oct. 20, at 1 p.m. to discuss how to make New York State a better place for farms to do business. Anyone interested in offering testimony at the forum can call 518-455-3438.
• John Stype of The Neefus-Stype Agency in Aquebogue has been honored for his 20 years of commitment to excellence in the insurance business by the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors. He earned his CIC designation and has kept it up to date for 20 years, becoming one of the top one percent of insurance professionals in the country. The national society promotes continued education programs for insurance professionals.
• Long Island Farm Bureau will hold its annual meeting at Stonewalls Restaurant in Riverhead on Monday , Oct. 24, beginning with appetizers and a cash bar at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7:15 p.m. and the president’s address at 8:15 p.m. The cost is $35. Call 727-3777.
• The Suffolk County Chapter of New York Agri-Women will meet at Schmitt Farm, 2366 Roanoke Ave., Riverhead, on Tuesday, Nov. 1, at 10:30 a.m. Hosts Debbie and Phil Schmitt will provide a tour of the farm followed by lunch at Stonewalls Restaurant. Call Vicki Gruber at 516-845-8088 or email her at email@example.com.
• East End Women’s Network will hold its monthly meeting at Diliberto Winery, 250 Manor Lane, Jamesport, Wednesday, Oct. 26. A networking reception at 5:30 p.m. will be followed by dinner at 6:30 and a presentation on ways to protect yourself from identify theft. The cost is $35 for members with reservations and $40 for non-members or those without reservations. A cash bar will feature special wine tastings. Call 727-3777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To send Business Beat news, email email@example.com, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m.