SBlt East End Arts Council in Riverhead will offer several ‘Cross Pollination’ collaborative events between April 24 and June 4. SDLqRiverhead is Blooming,” the botanicals show opens Friday, April 23, with a reception from 5 to 8 p.m. ‘Peconic Exploration,’ at Art Sites Gallery in Riverhead, will also open with a reception Friday, April 23, from 5 to 8 p.m. The exhibit of paintings, according to a press release, “was conceived as an attempt to celebrate the Peconic River as a source of Inspiration.” A trolley will be available to take guests to each venue opening night. Other events include exhibits, classes at EEAC, and a bus trip to Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Saturday, May 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 631-727-5744.
* A reception for ‘Embrace the Creative Energy of our Students,’ an art show at Mattituck-Laurel Library, will be held today, Thursday, April 22, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. with an awards presentation at 6:30 p.m.
* ‘Earth Paintings’ by Dolores Castrucci of Southold will be on exhibit at Fiedler Gallery in Greenport today, Thursday, April 22, in honor of Earth Day. According to a press release, “this exhibit is designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment.”
* Photographs by Alex Ferrone and paintings by Maureen Carey will be on display at Osprey’s Dominion Vineyards in Peconic Saturday, April 24, from 1 to 5 p.m.
* The deadline for applications for the next round of Strategic Opportunity Stipends, a joint project of the New York Foundation for the Arts and New York State, is May 25 at 5 p.m. for opportunities between July 1 and Oct. 31. East End Arts Council is the administration site for Nassau and Suffolk counties. Call 631-727-0900.
* East End Arts Council has issued a call for artwork and fine crafts vendors and street painters for the 14th annual Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival to be held May 30 on Main Street in Riverhead. Applications can be downloaded from eastendarts.org or call 631-727-0900.
* A call to teen artists has been issued for a national art competition for local students residing in the First Congressional District. To enter in the competition, call Jane Finalborgo, 631-259-8450 or e-mail to [email protected] Entries are limited to four students per high school.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.