* Oysterponds Community Activities will present a Song Swap — like an old-time hootenanny — at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 17, at Poquatuck Hall in Orient. As one singer finishes, another will beginand so on throughout the evening. Admission is $10, light refreshments will be served and guests are welcome to BYOB. Call 631-323-2601 or 631-323-1234.
SBlt Studio East Gallery in Greenport has issued a call to artists for the upcoming ‘Landscape Show,’ to be held May 8 through June 4. Artists are invited to submit their works Thursday, April 29 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Miller Place location or Friday, April 30 from 3 to 5 p.m. and Sunday May 1 from noon to 5 p.m. at the Greenport location. Call 631-477-2676.
* Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport will host ‘Letters to the World: Emily Dickinson in Song’ Sunday, April 18, at 2 p.m. The event is free. Call 631-477-0660.
* A ‘Springtime Antiques Flea Market and Bake Sale’ will be held Saturday, April 17, from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. and Sunday, April 18, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Old Town Art and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue. Visit oldtownguild.com.
* Poets of all ages and languages are invited to read original work in a ‘Poetry Slam’ Sunday, April 25, at Congregation Tifereth Israel in Greenport at 1 p.m. Readings are limited to 5 minutes, and poets must register and bring 5 copies of their poems. If the poems are not in English, translations are requested. Three literary judges will be rating the works. Contact Sylvia, [email protected] or 631-765-6182 or Paula, [email protected] or 631-477-6530.
* ‘Moments in Time,’ watercolors and oils by Evelyn Lucas and Carol Burst will be on display at Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library during the month of April.
SBlt East End Arts Council will produce ‘Catch the Wave,’ a storefront art show in downtown Riverhead. “displaying large original artworks with a water theme by local artists in vacant storefronts throughout the summer,” according to a press release. Artists can submit all-media, large works of art on CDs by Friday, April 23 at 4 p.m. Call 631-727-0900.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.