* Free North Fork faith-based health screenings will be offered by volunteer medical staff at Mattituck Presbyterian Church on Saturday, April 17, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Screenings include blood pressure, diabetes and dental and vision examinations. Patients can ask questions about specific health concerns and will receive general health and wellness information. No appointment or insurance is necessary and you don’t have to be a church member to receive services. Call 298-4145.
* Peconic Bay Medical Center and Riverhead Curves will host a free women’s health event featuring Dr. B. Hannah Ortiz, an award-winning gynecological oncologist, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 14. at Riverhead Curves, 1149 Route 58, Suite B4. All attendees will receive a free 30-day membership at Curves. Call 905-0500.
* State Sen. Kenneth LaValle (R-Port Jefferson) will host a drug awareness and education forum at Riverhead Free Library on Thursday, April 22, from 6 to 8 p.m. A free at-home drug testing kit will be offered to parents. Call 696-6900.
* The Family Service League is offering a weekly support group for caregivers of elderly loved ones. Meetings will be held on Mondays at 1 p.m. at the FSL office at 208 Roanoke Ave., Riverhead. Call 369-0104.
* Utopia Home Care is offering free caregiver training at its Riverhead office from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 13. The course will include instruction in ambulating patients with a cane or walker; transferring patients from bed to wheelchairs and bathrooms; turning and positioning patients; use of bedpans and urinals; and using a Hoyer Lift. Call 369-5500.
* The Living Right Reiki Circle will meet on Mondays at 7 p.m. at Grace Episcopal Church in Riverhead except for the last Monday of each month, when the circle will meet in Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Conference Room C.